Sunday, March 18, 2012

Teenage employment

Sorry Kelly- the weather was so nice I took a break this weekend! -Danielle

March 12, 2012
President Obama
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington DC, 20500

Dear President,


Hello Mr. President, my name is Jerad Smith and I am a high school student in NJ. I am writing to you today talking about unemployment, and how it is hard to get good jobs out here right now. The unemployment rate in my state is 9.1 which is better now but it is still not where it should be. You been doing a great job on lowering it, no complaints on that. Unemployment was a huge issue and it affected a lot of lives in many ways because family's have not been able to provide for them.

The ages that suffer the most is kids in my age group going from 16-19, it is difficult to find a job in high school. Most jobs are given to people with degrees straight out of college and that is why it is hard for us to obtain good jobs, unless you know somebody. I know you are working hard on what you have to do, but i just wanted to ask if you could find a way for our percentage to obtain jobs in my age group to rise. I am just asking for more good and better jobs for us to obtain and help out our families and so we can have opportunities to get a good start in the real world.


Sincerely, Jerad
Burlington County Institute of Technology
New Jersey

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a public blog visible to everyone, including students, teachers, parents, and public officials. Please set a positive example for public discourse by framing your comments in a courteous and professional manner. Any offensive material will be promptly removed.