Friday, March 16, 2012

Animal Cruelty

March 15, 2012

Dear Mr. President,

My name is Morgan. I am a student at Parkway West Middle School, and I am writing you today to share my thoughts about animal cruelty.

I became interested in this topic because I see it going on in my life. I often see animals being chained up to trees with scars on their bodies were they've been beaten. This makes me feel horrible. I can't believe we are just letting this go on. Then I thought, maybe there is something I can do to stop it!

To begin, the website inhumane.org documents animal cruelty cases in each state. When I clicked on Missouri, my home state, it showed that Missouri alone had 12 pages full of animal cruelty cases. The fact that there are 12 pages in Missouri alone shows us that there needs to be stricter punishment regarding animal abuse so that people are less likely to break this law.

            Furthermore, I've always believed that animals have feelings, too. Dr. Alfred Main of the medical institute of Virginia said, "If you look at an animal's face, tail, body, and most important their eyes, you can tell that they have feelings." Clearly this shows us how responsible we are for the welfare of our animals. However, there are still people out there who take advantage of their pets' loyalty towards them.

            Mr. President, it would be very irresponsible of us not to deal with this dire issue. I think that we should band all animal cruelty in a public way. We need to make animal abuse a felony nation wide because some states still only consider this abuse a only misdemeanor.

             Thank you Mr. President for reading my letter. I hope you enjoyed it.

                                                                                           Sincerely,

                                                                                                            Morgan

                                                                                                Parkway west middle

                                                                                                Chesterfield, Missouri




NOTICE: Any information contained in or attached to this message is intended solely for the use of the intended recipient(s). Any review, retransmission, dissemination of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this communication by persons other than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all computers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a public blog visible to everyone, including students, teachers, parents, and public officials. Please set a positive example for public discourse by framing your comments in a courteous and professional manner. Any offensive material will be promptly removed.