Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Education

Dear Mr. President,

 

My name is Kelli, I live in St. Louis, Missouri and attend Parkway West High School. At my school, a lot of wonderful teachers are losing their jobs. I discovered that the reason was a district budget cut. I believe that there should not be budget cuts like this to education. If we take money away from education, we are depriving kids of a much needed education and hindering our future leaders.

 

I know that not much national or federal money goes to schools for education, and I see this as a problem. The money for our public schools comes from our property taxes. Since these values fluctuate, there is never a steady income for schools, especially now when property values are down. In order to have a more stable flow of income, I think more has to be done on account of the national and federal governments.

 

I know you have a lot of things in our government that you need to give your attention to, but if you are thinking about America's future, then education should be one of your top priorities.

 

Sincerely, Kelli

Parkway West High School  

St. Louis, Missouri  

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a public blog visible to everyone, including students, teachers, parents, and public officials. Please set a positive example for public discourse by framing your comments in a courteous and professional manner. Any offensive material will be promptly removed.